Want To Slim Your Face?
A round shaped face is the most wrongly perceived shape. Women get worried that they have a ‘round’ shape for the word round has been associated with being ‘plump’ or ‘weighty’. This is just an assumption and on an average almost 75 percent of women have the misconception that they have a round shaped face or getting one with years.
Our facial shape is owing to the bone structure of the face and is determined during puberty. From then on, weight gain might fill out whichever facial shape we have, so a diamond shaped face looks ‘fuller’ and almost ‘rounded’ to an untrained eye. However, if you have a round face or are getting ‘rounder’, there are techniques to help slim the face:
• Well, you can successfully make it appear slimmer. Make certain that your hairstyle ends either below or above your chin keeping the hair closer to your facial contours. A rounded haircut or one which is full on the sides accentuate the roundness of the shape and should be avoided at all costs.
Similar to clothes with horizontal stripes adding an illusion of weight, blunt edges on your hairstyle adds an illusion of fullness to an already round face. A technique to help slim the face is hence adding slenderizing vertical lines through highlights. Adding heights to your hair also minimizes fullness of the hair; try layers at the crown or a root lifting volumnizer to thin hair.
• Pulling your hair into a high ponytail or braid anchored at the top with a few tendrils on either side of the face makes a round face seem slender.
• The best length for a slender appearance is between the jaw line and the shoulder. A shoulder skimming shag hairstyle with textured bangs looks trendy and reduces the width of your face. Bangs can enhance your eyes; uneven edged and ones with wispy lengths look great.
• Long straight lines around the face are one of the best techniques to help slim the face. A chin length bob haircut which is angled and has soft tapering sides below the cheeks works wonderfully well. Since a round is face is widest at the cheeks, this is a very suitable technique to help slim the face.
• Due to the widest part of a round face being the cheeks and the ears, a technique to help slim the face is to reduce the volume of hair in those areas. If your hairstyle ends above your jaw line, use a side part to reduce the roundness of your face. A centre part can be used on jaw length or longer hair.
• Besides hairstyle, another proven technique to help slim the face is make up:
1. Define your cheek bones with a deeper tone under your cheekbones and a lighter shade of the same color family onto the apples of your cheek.
2. Narrow down your nose by applying pressed powder which is in a tone slightly lighter than your skin tone. Press a darker tone powder on the sides of your nose.
3. Apply loose powder a tone darker than your skin on your jawbone from ear to ear; with one tone lighter powder soften the finish. Extend both down the neck with a fan shaped brush.